Sunday, May 4, 2008

Go for the Gusto...




Growing Old Gracefully?

Who comes up with this stuff?

Let’s get real here… there is nothing graceful about it!

I first began noticing gray hairs making an entrance when I was still in my thirties.

THAT I can fix…

Around the time I turned forty, I noticed that there was no amount of concentration that could bring the words on the back of the Advil bottle into focus…
And why, do you ask was I holding an Advil bottle?
Because I was beginning to pop the stuff like pez to relieve all kinds of aches and pains in my

_______________________!
Enter pain-of-the-day here

One of my defining “old” moments came by way of a young(ish) looking salesperson in a video store nearby. I politely asked her if there were any new releases that she would recommend…

She paused for a second, tapped her index finger on her cheek and said ‘Hmmm… Let me think… what would my parents like…

I think they might have fired her shortly after that….

Some disgruntled customer had placed 538 complaints about her in the comments box…

Anonymously


I have a friend who actually worries about her age. I tell her over and over again that it’s just a number…
In her case, a large number…but that she shouldn’t fret about it.
She’s wasting time by obsessing over that which she has no control over… getting older…

I learned at an early age, from an unlikely source, a philosophy that has stuck with me my entire life.
It was drummed into my head often while I was watching television, during the commercials…“Go for the Gusto”

Though the advertising genius who came up with that slogan would be devastated to hear that I cannot for the life of me recall the product they were promoting, (I think it may have been beer) they would be happy to know that their idea made a difference!

I thank God every day for today, and as I tread water in the deep end, I feel happy and downright blessed to be here!

As ungracefully as I’m doing it, I’m growing older, just like everyone else…. But I do feel like I have a secret weapon…

The knowledge that inside, I am still immature... which somehow makes me feel like it all balances out!

So what if I have wrinkles and age spots forming as we speak!

I’ve earned every last one of them and I’m here another day to do that thing I love so…

Breathe!

Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger