Saturday, May 17, 2008

Miss Spoken...

Have you ever thought someone was waving at you and then you waved back before realizing that they were waving at someone behind you?

So embarrassing!

The other day, I saw a lady I hadn’t seen in a while and greeted her by name (with enthusiasm)…

I said Hi to her husband by name too… except exactly 1.6 seconds later; I realized that the man I said Hi to, wasn’t her husband at all!

What to do in a situation such as this?!

I wasn’t sure….

So I acted like I meant to call him the wrong name!

That’s how I roll!

How about when you’re having a conversation with someone and go to use a word, but then changed your mind at the last millisecond and your mouth and brain don’t have time to sync with each other so what comes out is a ‘hybrid word’

e.g. “That woman really bugs me” then your mind, at the last second tries to change the word bugs and insert the word annoys insteadThe hybrid word you have just created is -“bunnoys”

Hopefully your friends aren’t as cruel to you as mine are, and will let you slide…

Mine call me out…

IMMEDIATELY!

‘Did you just say bunnoys?!’ which is usually followed by laughter…

MUCH laughter!

I don’t mind so much, because allowing them to do that to me gives me license to inflict upon them guilt free reciprocation…

My BFF Marge is still experiencing the effects that one of her blunders had on many of us…

This is a CLASSIC!

She likes to think she is ‘cool’…

I adore her…

But to be honest, she’s not really that ‘cool’…

She likes to use the latest “lingo” with regularity

Unfortunately for her, sometimes she hears it wrong….

Like the month or so, when every time she made a mistake she said “My bag

Lord knows how many “My Bag’s” she blurted out before someone broke it to her that it actually should be “My Bad”…

Before you feel too bad for ol’ Maggie, I should probably tell you that although we like to tease her mercilessly about her verbal bungles…

It’s only because we can’t tease her about much else…

She’s beautiful (my brothers are all secretly in love with her and swear that she looks like a dark haired Nicole Kidman)

She’s kind, thoughtful and the best friend any girl could ask for…

Plus she’s a good sport about it…

…It’s almost like she’s encouraging us to keep doing it…

That’s exactly what happens when we let people into our ‘circle of trust’…

We become vulnerable…

And that helps to build strong bonds with our friends…

Who in turn abuse us…

It’s truly a beautiful thing!


Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger