Thursday, May 22, 2008

We are like, SO in HOT Water!!


Our hot water heater bit the dust in the middle of the night last week…

I spent the next two days trying to rid my olfactory senses of the horrendous stench that it produced when the electrical guts fried…

It was kind of like what I imagine your tongue would smell like after licking an electrified fence…

Not pleasant at all…

(On a side note, my brother had a big, old, German Shepherd that actually did that once… but come to think of it, I didn’t notice how his tongue smelled afterwards…

I think that was mostly due to the fact that he ran into the cellar and wouldn’t emerge for 3 days after the shock…

(But truthfully, he was much calmer from that day on, probably due to his self-induced shock treatment…)

I feel kind of robbed in a way, by the timing of it all…

It seems, those all around us are receiving their “extra” tax refunds and finding all kinds of cool stuff to spend their pennies from heaven on…

Like Big Screen TV’s…
Exotic Vacations…
Or Lear Jets...
(I just threw that one in to see if you were paying attention…)

I had dreams for our money…
And most of them were legal too ;)

Actually, all of them were legal, and as always, I was Walter Middy-ing myself through every single dollar…
It probably won’t surprise you, that not even ONE of those daydreams involved hot water!

But then they all went up in a puff of smoke…
Literally…
Stinky, electrical smelling, hard-to-get-rid-of-the-horrendous-odor, kind of smoke!

Life is like that though… at least my life is.

It’s all about my tunnel that I regularly ramble about seeing the light at the end of (but recently discovered was just a figment of my imagination)

This particular tunnel, which I like to call “our life”, is also a wind tunnel…

So usually when we get a few steps ahead, and are feeling like we can stop and smell the roses…. life flips the “on” switch and we are pushed back a ways… (And my hair gets, like, totally messed up!)

That’s okay though…

It keeps us honest… and humble…

At least that’s what I tell myself to help me feel better as I’m trying to untangle the mess of my hair… as well as my checkbook, when these kinds of things happen…

Besides... I hear that Lear Jets are over-rated anyways…


HOT WATER RULES!!!


Now if you'll excuse me, I have a long, hot shower to take!






Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger