Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Good, the Bad & the Sweaty...



YEARS ago, when I was still 'courting' my husband...
You know what I mean...

Back when I became embarrassed if I made a mistake in his presence...
or my hair got messed up,
or I got sweaty,
or basically anything that proved I was human...

Wayyyyy back then, I had a blonde moment, that tops any moment I've ever had since...

Before I open myself up and pour out my humiliating experience for all of you to see...
and laugh at...
and possibly use from that moment on as a new standard of stupid that you have never,
even at your dumbest moment,
measured up to...

I want you all to know that I am a smart girl.
I can do mental math...
Answer 85% of the questions on Jeopardy (on a good day)...
I am capable of patting my head and rubbing my belly at the same time...
Heck! I can even chew gum and walk... simultaneously!
I actually pride myself on having a good brain...
and, above all, I am humble...
sort of...

This happened many years ago, when we were dating, and lived 20 miles west of Boston...
He's from there, so he liked to take me to the city on dates and show me around...
Boston is a great place!
Faneuil Hall, NE Aquarium, Fenway Park, The Public Garden with its swan boats... (and bums)

We were heading in on the Mass Pike, which is a toll road which heads in and out of Boston...
I had noticed many times, a furniture store, which was highly visible from the highway...

The reason I remembered it, was because it had a HUGE sign on the building on which was painted, amongst other things, that they had been in business for a large number of years...

(this is the part where I get into trouble)

I'll continue...
So it read that had been in business for a large number of years WITHOUT A SALE!

By now, you can probably guess what the next thing out of my mouth was...
"Then how do they stay in business?"

He asked what I meant, so I dug my hole even deeper by saying "if you never SELL anything, how can you stay in business?"

That was a good 29 years ago, and I still have not lived it down!
I like to think that I am not the only one who thought that same thing when they looked at that sign...
Hopefully, for their sake, they were smart enough to keep it to themselves...
I am happy to say, however, that I heard that they did, in fact, go out of business!
I guess THAT showed THEM!

I've told you before, it's genetic!

And just in case any of you are wondering, I have proven over and over again to Tony, that I am indeed, human since then...
We've been married many years, and believe me, he's seen it ALL...
The good
The bad
and the sweaty...

What's your worst Duh moment?
I'd love to know that I am not alone here!

Digg this

8 comments:

halfbreedwoman said...

uhmm...I was with a friend of mine & we were talking about a hair shampoo. I thought it was called tresemen. My friend was mericiless.

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

HBW -
I know what you mean... Friends can sometimes be the WORST!!
One friend of mine laughed hysterically when I accidentally fell off of my chair...
I was injured too...
Which makes it worse...
By far...

;)
Jackie

Woman With Windows said...

ROFL!!!

You're definitely NOT alone!
Here ya go:
http://nibbynosing.blogspot.com/2008/06/leaving-mark.html

:) Have another laugh on me!

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Dear Watching,

Your blunder was classic!!
(Readers... follow http to her funny story!)

It's genetic... I told you!

;)
Jackie

PS - Watching Woman is my niece!

halfbreedwoman said...

You were so not injured...minor flesh wound at most. & It was the funniest thing ever. I am still laughing unapologetically.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Being blond (or now I guess it is considered blond in a box, once upon a time it was real...l) I have made my share of blond moments.
The ones that come to my head right away are songs I have sung wrong....
Ex. Tom Petty "Learning to Fly" I thought it was "Larry the Fly".

My sister is also good at this, so I guess it is in the genes!

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Sue -
My husband and I were listening to CCR one day in the car and the song 'Down on the Corner' came on...
When the line
"You don't need a penny,
just to hang around"
played, he commented to me
how STUPID that they were saying "You don't need a pinhead, just to hang around"... he continued on by saying "What does that mean, anyways?!"

In the words of Bill Engvall...
HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!!

and HBW -

Actually.... I severely bruised my knee and limped for AT LEAST a day...
You are kinda mean...


Thanks for your comments!

;)
Jackie

halfbreedwoman said...

Sorry- you are right--still laughing.
xoxo

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger