Thursday, May 8, 2008

Unknown Bone...

I’m beginning to lose faith in the skilled work force these days…

My daughter was sent for specialized x-rays called a skeletal survey the other day…

We found out several months ago that she has some deformities in her spine, which includes some vertebrae, which are only partially formed.
The doctor wanted to check out the rest of her skeleton to be sure that there weren’t any other bone abnormalities…

After sitting in the waiting room for a while, we were called back by a young man who was the technician who was going to perform this test.

He politely asked us to sit down for just a moment in the holding area while he checked with another tech in the larger lab in a different building about the test that had been ordered…

As we are sitting there waiting for our skilled technician to come back and retrieve us, we could hear his voice impatiently speaking to someone on the phone….

“It says ‘congenital ver-TEE-brah deformity’….

What the ???

G*%#mn-it!!!

I said VER-TEE-BRAH!!!

VER---TEE---BRAH!!”

I couldn’t take it any more…

I cupped my hands around my mouth just as a Doctor was walking by and shouted into the doorway “Vertebrae!! Vertebrae!! You know… HER SPINE!!!”

I thought that the Doctor was going to bust a gut, as he started laughing and turned to me and said, “apparently he’s never heard of a vertebrae before!”

Let’s hope that the doctor that reads the results is more familiar with anatomical names of the bones that he is looking at and studied a bit harder in school…

If not, I’m afraid the report may arrive looking something like this:

15 year old gurl -
exrays look normall
her spyne looks kind of weerd-
but other than that, she is purfict!





Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger