Monday, May 19, 2008

Larry Tate! We Need You!!

You know how sometimes, when you're flipping through a magazine, you occasionally come across an ad really 'grabs' you?
I'm no expert, but I do know that the aim of the advertisers is to do just that... To be both captivating and memorable…
But what happens when the person who is in charge of the ad campaign, you know, the guy with the same job that Darrin Stephens (Samantha's better half) holds at McMann & Tate, is building an entire series of ads for a type of food...
Let's just say, for the sake of argument...

The Council for Beef?

I'll bet you know where I'm going with this...

I can guarantee you that if Darrin ever brought this idea to Larry Tate, he would have been given an ultimatum -
Come up with something different or find a new job!!!


(Which of course, would have prompted some kind of Bewitched-type of shenanigans, and hopefully Uncle Arthur would pop by for a visit before the end of the day... because he was one of my favorite of Sam's kooky relatives… and everything would have worked out perfectly before dinner...)


The reason I am bothering you with this today is the fact that I am deeply disturbed by the latest Beef Ads that are popping up all over...

They are clever... I'll give them that much...

But quite frankly, every time I see one of them,
I seriously think of becoming a vegetarian!


They are gross!
I feel that they should have to come with the following disclaimer:

WARNING!!

The image you are about to view, is disturbing!
Parental guidance is advised...






After Looking at this ad again, and trying to keep my Cheerios down,
I'll leave you with one final thought (for dinner)...


PIZZA!





Digg this

1 comments:

halfbreedwoman said...

I was thinking the same thing. I saw the ad in one of my magazines and totally grossed out. The meat is over cooked and the gravy looks like congealed vomit.

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger