Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Reality Bytes... I Mean Bites…


I was flipping through the Sunday paper this past weekend and a snippet caught my eye…

The TV modeling competition show, America’s Next Top Model (ANTM) season 10 just wrapped…
They’ve bestowed the title on yet another beautiful girl…
THAT’S no surprise right?

Truth be told, my daughter and I were hooked on this show for several of the “cycles”…
We loved the fashion…
and the drama…

It was a guilty pleasure… and we were especially fascinated by one of the judges who also helped to polish these diamonds in the rough… Miss J.

Okay, so “Miss J” is actually a Mister… I think… but he/she is flamboyant and funny and makes us look at each other and giggle every time we see him with a pink scarf tied around his/her head…

We have completely missed this latest seasons battle for the super cool modeling contract as well as some mad cash, etc…

Which brings me back to the small article in the newspapers style section.
There was a whole lot of celebrating going on for ANTM’s victor…
More than EVER before…

Because a PLUS-sized girl actually WON!!
I was smiling, thinking of how cool that was, when I read the next line...

This LARGE girl wears a size 8/10!


Hey!
Wait a second!

I used to wear a size 8 too….


Back when I was skinny… No, really…


What happened to the ‘good old days’ when you had to actually be large to be called plus size?
When your size would probably have ended in “teen” to even be considered on the “large” side…


I think we ought to send a couple of big girls over to rough those judges up…
I know a couple of size 8’s and at least two or three 10’s….

Yeah… that’s right!

They could really throw their weight around and show them that big boned women are a force to be reckoned with!

Digg this

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does bite!!

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger