Saturday, May 10, 2008

Birds of a feather...


We were over at Ferry and Tays a couple of weekends ago...
When I heard an unfamiliar squawking...
They all just rolled their eyes...
I ran to get my camera...
Come out, come out, wherever you are...




Ready or not!
Here I come!





One of the wonderful surprises that I
so enjoy about living where I do!
When is the last time
YOU had a peacock wandering around in your yard?




He didn't appreciate me acting the paparazzi and following him
around the yard...
Clearly, he wasn't trying to impress me either...
This I know, because he never once fanned his tail out for me...

After listening to several of these glorious creatures
make noise all afternoon, I understood why everyone had rolled their eyes at my excitement earlier...
For such beautiful birds, they sound horrible...
They don't have a 'song'
They sound more like one of the contestants on American Idol who come to the auditions all decked out and flashy and expect to make it because they are the 'whole package'...
Or NOT...
Because the minute they open their mouths,
you forget how great they look...
You just want them to stop... immediately!
(if not sooner!)

My sister put it well when she said, "I guess it just goes to show that no matter how beautiful you are, it's what comes out of your mouth that matters!"

I think all of the Idol rejects didn't get that memo....
(nor did the peacocks!)







Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger