Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Traveling Light...


True story…

I have a good friend who had a family member who was gravely ill.

The woman’s kin had gathered to comfort and rally around her during her last few days.

It was sad to be sure.

As it seemed that perhaps this day would be her last, and her time left on earth could be counted in minutes or perhaps hours, each person took time to sit at her bedside and say their goodbyes.

She lay there quite still and no one was even sure if she was aware of the things they were saying to her, but they said them anyway.

One of the older members of the family, who has quite a flair for the dramatic, took her by the hand and proceeded to give her permission to leave…

She said something along the lines of "Go to the light! We love you and we give you our permission to go... It's okay to leave now!"

Out of the clear blue, the sick woman opened her eyes and demanded to know, "WHERE THE HECK ARE WE GOING?"

I’m sure that the lady, who had been leading her to the light, nearly joined her on her journey to heaven from the shock of it!

Mercifully, the woman did pass away peacefully, just a short time later, but not before almost having a traveling companion...

I kid you not….





Digg this

1 comments:

halfbreedwoman said...

LOL-This one mades me laugh so hard, I cried!!! Tell Mork that his name rhymes with Dork-But, I mean that affectionately!

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger