Monday, August 25, 2008

Keep to the Code...

I spent some quality time with GGT & GT#2, on Friday...
and by quality time I mean semi-controlled chaos...

You know how sometimes you just get a feeling that something is going to happen?
A kind of esp, an inkling, or a vibe...
Well my 6th sense alarm was really ringing as GT#2 arrived.

Remember him?
Sweet little man who has his own special powers which begin with a smile, and usually end with you giving him something.
Like a cookie...
or a Mustang GT...

As he arrived, I had a feeling in my bones that he was going to be 'enthusiastic' that evening...
Was it a heavenly hunch?
Did I, in fact, have an extraordinary gift of foresight that needed to be used for making the world a better place?

I decided that it was not a 6th sense experience after all, but rather the regular old use of one of the original 5 God gave me...

Sight...

Because as his Mom was dropping him off to me with his usual bag of tricks, including extra clothes and PJ's...
She held in her hand, a bag, which was filled with a white substance which has caused many a mother to lose sleep at night...

A compound so powerful that one puff can cause a small child to run around in circles for no apparent reason...

You guessed it...






Showing up with this 'treat' for the boys broke the following codes:

  • the well known 'Mother's Code' that ALL moms should just know

  • the Pirate's Code... too much of this kind of treat which incidentally includes 0% vitamin C, and HELLO SCURVY!

  • the Knight's Code... adding these to your diet could cause your suit of armor to get too snug and how can you be chivalrous if your suit is too tight?!

  • Morse Code... Let's just say: . - - - . . - . . . - / . . . . - - . - - / - . - - - or Just / say /no
The bag was opened and I could tell by the look in his eyes, that he was already hopped up on the stuff.

I said I would put them up for later...

and by later, I meant never...

We all got through the night and the following depicts my living room at 11 pm...
Can you tell which boy was kept off 'the stuff' and which one had a 'monkey on his back' (or at the very least, high levels of pure sugar coursing through his system)




What have we learned here today?
JUST SAY NO!
and for heaven's sake!!! Keep to the code (at least one of them!)


Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger