Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sistahs...

My big sister came to visit me recently...

Before you conjure up visions of all 5'3 1/2" of me walking through the mall with a 7'2" sibling, I should let you know that we are exactly the same height...
and without giving away too many secrets about myself...
I will say, that although I'm sure she could hold her own against the likes of, let's say, someone like Jennifer Aniston if Jen "threw down' with her...
She wouldn't stand a chance against me, based on the laws of physics...
(which is my nice was of saying, I'm the 'BIG' sister, if you're not counting age to measure)

It's funny how at 45 I am still the baby sister...
I've realized that when it comes to sisterhood, my age has absolutely NO RELEVANCE...
As far as being a sister goes, I only know how to be a 'little' one...

It's totally my mother's fault...
I BEGGED her to have another baby...
She would always just chuckle and say things like "I don't think so"...

But she KNEW SO... because once, when I was around 10, I was enjoying perusing through her dresser drawers looking at all of her scarfs, costume jewelry and evening gloves
(which incidentally, ALL moms were REQUIRED to own back-in-the-day)
when I came across a funny looking package that housed a bunch of small pills arranged in a circle....
I didn't learn exactly what they were until quite a few years later, and when I did, I instantly understood why Mom would chuckle while saying she didn't think so...

It doesn't really matter though...
Because Big or Little, Oldest or Youngest...
We're still just SISTERS

We have the best time just being sisterly...
While she was here we shopped, ate, and went to the movies with some of my friends...
We laughed a lot...
We cried a little (because we miss our Mom)...
Then we laughed some more...

But mostly we just embraced our roles in each others lives...

Big Sister & Little Sister...

Digg this

1 comments:

As Cape Cod Turns said...

That is very cute. I love my "little" sister and am so grateful that we live in the same town!

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger