Saturday, August 30, 2008

Right Around the Corner...

I wanted to mention a little something to those of you who haven't known me for an entire year yet...

I LOVE my birthday!

I'll bet right around now, you're thinking...
"OK... so she loves her birthday!... and she's telling me this... WHY?!"

I'm sharing this intimate detail about myself with all of you because I just don't want anyone to feel blindsided when September 1st rolls around and my Birthday month commences complete with the Deep End banner all tricked out for the occasion!

I have forever loved my birthday...
I think my family always held out hope assumed that once I was a grown up, my enthusiasm would settle down a bit...
They were wrong...

It used to be about the presents when I was a kid...
Although I do still LOVE presents, it's now more about the celebrating...
About being Queen for the Day Month...
About gathering friends together and going dancing (which is something else that I LOVE to do)

Over the last 8 or 9 years, I have had BFF Les make a fuss over my birthday...
It's because she's such a nice person her birthday is the day before mine...
And as fate would have it, we embrace our birthdays with the same level of exuberance!
How cool is that?!


Okay....she IS actually a really nice person too...

So enjoy the last days of August and get plenty of rest...
Because September,
a.k.a.

  • 'Birthday Month'
  • 'Jackie & Leslie's September Fest' (BIGGER than Oktoberfest around these parts... that is, if WE have anything to say about it!!)
  • 'Move-Over-Labor-Day-Because-the-New-September-Holiday-Is-Here'
is just around the corner!

Let's remember people, that we all need to pace ourselves and keep our eyes on the prize so that we can fully enjoy the month without fizzling out too early...



Digg this

4 comments:

Isn't it Amazing! said...

Oh yes people.........it IS genetic............I LOVE my birthday time too..........and eeveryone in my family knows that you DO NOT lump my b-day and Mother's Day together...........No way, no how!

T.V. :):)

halfbreedwoman said...

Happy Birth Month!!!!
xox,

Anonymous said...

My calender will now read July, August, Septbirthdayember, October, etc. in honor of YOU!
paula

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Thanks Paula!!

It's GREAT to see that SOME people are FINALLY catching on!!!!

;)
Jackie

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger