Thursday, September 25, 2008

Are You With Me Here?


Don't think I'm getting all crazy-political-power on you, but I HAVE to mention how very sick I am of all of the Election hype that is going on as usual, because of the upcoming election.

I've come up with my own solution to the confusing hard-to-believe spins that every candidate puts on their campaign.
My idea would cut to the chase...
Spare us all from having to listen to all the mudslinging and ridiculous promises...
It would actually revolutionize the entire electoral process...
With this new process, there would be no TV ads... no photo ops... no bashing... no empty promises...

Here's how it would work:

First, each candidate would should be sequestered to a room where they have no one to assist them in filling out a job application. They are after all, trying for a job... a BIG job.

Secondly, they would have to fill out a questionnaire where they have to answer 50 questions about themselves and their values. Their answers would have to only be about themselves and they would be disqualified if any of their answers mentioned, in any way, the other candidate. This way, they would have to sell themselves, based on themselves, and not by using the other guy as a measuring stick. (i.e. My favorite color is green....HIS favorite color is red, which OBVIOUSLY tells you that he is sympathetic to communist views! As everyone knows, it's a proven fact that people who prefer green are better in every way...)

Next, they would have to write up a contract themselves including specifics of what they are planning to accomplish in office, which legally would bind them to any promises that they are trying to sell themselves to the American people by making.
Breach of this contract would be punishable by death
(not really, but it DID sound dramatic)
If they break their contract, they are out... and the runner up shall take their place... Just like the Miss America Pageant!

Finally, they would have to write a 500 word essay which would answer a question that would be completely random and that would force them to think outside the box, without the help of professional writers. For example: "If I had to be a musical instrument I would be...." or "The reason I do/don't like soap operas is...."
You know, something that will REALLY throw them off and make them think on their feet...

Every voter would view the results the night before the election and that way everyone could take an evening to mull it over before heading to the polls the next day...

I think this could actually work!

Are You With Me Here?


Digg this

6 comments:

Isn't it Amazing! said...

I'm IN.....that's PEERFECT!!!

STOP all non-essential business in Congress for this day.....and to think that lawmakers thought they had something better to discuss Thurs. am!!!

THIS is it....good job sister!

T.V.

Isn't it Amazing! said...

Great job Jac!

It's so simple, it'd work but the gov't makes things so complex and purposely confusing that it'd never fly.

The Barista

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I'm in!

Why do they teach about bullying prevention in schools, but let the candidates rip each other apart!

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Smoke and Mirrors...

You are soooo right Sue!

;) Jackie

PS - I know Barista.... it's always good to have a dream though...

Anonymous said...

Alright "Jack"!!! I love it!! I vote for YOU for President!

Love,
Kath

Woman With Windows said...

Yes! Genius!

I'm IN!

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger