Thursday, September 11, 2008

Stupid Word Trick...


Have you ever looked at a word or name quickly and your brain registers something similar yet different than what is actually written...

Now I don't believe that this is genetic, because I've witnessed loads of other people do it to whom I am not related to, although I will say that my family is prone to these experiences...

Yesterday, I had a moment similar to my sisters Janine Lee-Aither fiasco...

But without the Bible...

And I was at home, not at church...


I was listening to Slacker Radio, which is what I usually have on while I am sitting at my computer working, when a song came on that sounded like old school Frank Sinatra or some other rat-packer... kinda cool and peppy...

Did I just say "peppy"???

Let's just keep that between us, okay?

Well, I glanced up to see who it was and thought that maybe they had made a mistake...
I mean, it sounded like a man.

But it said Michelle...
Michelle Bubble, to be exact...

I'd never heard of her... but DAMN! She's GOOD!!!
I made a mental note to look her up on itunes!!

I took a second look and started laughing...

Out Loud...

To Myself...

(which is the type of behavior that usually prompts my family to look at me funny and slowly shake their heads in disbelief...)

Okay, I admit it!
I made a mistake!!

Actually, it was Michael Bublé... not Michelle Bubble...
As great as that voice was, I must admit that I was relieved that it was a man...
Because a woman with a voice like that might find it hard to get a date...

I was also relieved that he didn't have to walk around with the last name 'Bubble'...
I can only imagine the nicknames a last name like that could get you...

Bubble-Butt
Bubble-icious
Bubble-Head

So if you aren't familiar with old Bubble Butt Michael Bublé, check him out! He's fantastic!



PS- Incidentally, I just realized it's only 7 more days to B-day! (not to be confused with D-Day which had absolutely nothing to do with my birthday!) ;)

Digg this

2 comments:

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I have been known to call him Michael Bubbly.

Anonymous said...

I was in the car with someone that pulled a jackie muto. Better her than me. paula :)

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger