Monday, June 2, 2008

Everything's Coming Up....

I love this time of year!
Of course, here in Florida, flowers can bloom all year round...
But around this time, during this season...
Everything's coming up roses...(Think-Ethel Merman style)

That is, if I HAD roses...

which I do not...
But I DO have these in my yard...



Hibiscus!!



I also have an enormous one of these flowering plants...



Bougainvillea!!


I should probably mention, that since I got my new camera... I can't stop taking pictures of



My Sunflowers!!

Which by the way, I never planted... they just sprouted on their own...
It's a great mystery at our house, and we all have our own theories of their origins, ranging from "yard fairies" to my personal favorite, "God just put them there, cuz he knows you like them"(Grandson#1's theory)


I took this shot at my friends house...
It's of those other cool flowers that
I don't actually know the name of...





But they are really pretty...


To be honest, as much as I LOVE flowers, I am actually horticulturally challenged...
I work much better with flour than with flowers...
I'm fantastic in the kitchen...
Not so much so, in the garden...


But as you can see, I'm very fortunate to:
a. Live in a place where beautiful plants thrive on their own, without my help
b. To be host to garden fairies who like to surprise me with plants I didn't ask for
c. Have an awesome Grandson who reminds me from time to time how simple faith can be...






Digg this

2 comments:

halfbreedwoman said...

I like the pics that your new camera is taking!

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Thanks! I've been having fun with it!
;)
Jackie

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger