Monday, June 9, 2008

Stupid Theories 101...


I’m not sure that I am comfortable with the fact that totally ridiculous stories that fly in the face of reasoning are called “wives tales”!!

I mean, why not just “tales” or “stupid theories” for that matter?!

Recently I begin to think back to my own childhood and all of the ‘rules’ that my own Mother laid down that seemed a bit sketchy to me at the time….

#1 – Do NOT make ugly faces because your face may get stuck that way...

#2 – Fat, fuzzy, brown and black caterpillars should NEVER be touched…because my Mom heard a true story of a little girl (coincidentally, my very age, every time she told me the story…. sketchy!) who touched one and ended up with a rogue caterpillar hair in her eye…
which caused her to go blind…
in both eyes!

What are the odds of that?!

#3 – I refuse to discuss all of the additional ways that blindness could be caused…

#4 - If you go outside with your hair wet, you most likely WILL catch pneumonia… (Even if it is 88° degrees outside!)

I saved my best one for last!

#5 - DO NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES break icicles off of the edge of the roof to suck on like a Popsicle, because they…

Are ready for this one?…

CAUSE POLIO!!

(This rule applies to eating snow as well…)


Give me some of your Mom-isms (wives tales)…
I’d like to know that I’m not the only one who endured these while growing up

Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger