Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dnt txt my phn agn... evr....

I received a very unusual text message last night...
Before I go any further, you probably should know a few facts that are
important to this story...


FACT #1

I have a cell phone...

My teenage daughter
does not...
But she thinks it's
ours...
But
it's not...
It's
mine...
and mine
alone...

I'm not completely heartless...

I do allow her to use it when we are hanging out at home at night to text her friends, etc...

She's really good at it too...

She can have like, I don't know, 30 conversations going on at once...


And even though she is
sucking the life out of me on a daily basis, simply because she is a teenage girl, she is a great kid...

FACT #2

I was a bit of a semi-wild child when I was a teenager...

But I always flew under the radar, thus lowering the chances of getting in trouble...

I'm sure you can see where this is heading...

Because I wasn't always a rule follower, quite frankly it's hard to get things past me...


Although my
adult kids will now occasionally confess to one or two times when they pulled one over on me...
They think because they are fathers themselves that there's nothing I can do about it...

Au contraire! (that's fancy-french for "
Yeah...Right!")
Because what I can do, is wait for Karma to come back around and bite them in the patoot (which is Jackie-talk for REAR END!)


Okay, back to my text message of late...

I will give you the script using STB for stupid teenage boy and CLM in place of completely livid mom...


Here goes -


STB - Can you sneak out tonight?
CLM - Umm.. STB, this is G's mom and sending my daughter text messages like this
ever, could be seriously hazardous to your health
!
STB - Oh, sorry
CLM - You should be STB! This is not a good way to make a positive
impression on me or cause me reason to ever trust you!

Silence followed by crickets chirping occasionally...

END OF TRANSMISSION....


My darling (nosy) husband then asks "Who was that?"
Poor seriously STB, who now will be known as, PSSTB, will never again gaze into my daughter's beautiful brown eyes!
Because now he has not only seriously angered a mom,
but he's turned a father into a lion...
a big, scary lion with sharp claws and pointy teeth
(and all lions have those embarrassing 'male' parts that swing all over the place that are also quite intimidating!)
PSSTB has done all of this, with just a few words he typed out with his thumbs...


I don't expect we'll be seeing
PSSTB ever again... if he knows what's good for him...



Digg this

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

b @ ur windo @ 2am

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

As I was telling some friends this story today, someone had an even BETTER suggestion...
He said I should have said yes, set a rendezvous point and had Tony waiting for the PSSTB...

THAT my friends, would have been priceless!

;)
Jackie

obedient said...

ok, how did you know he wasnt talking to you? Perhaps he digs hot moms. Maybe your hubby can buy him a shirt that says that and meet him at the rendezvous point!

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Prich...
You MAY be on to something here!
I hadn't considered that possibility..
The t-shirt is a stellar idea!
I think that I might do just that...

you know...

in case come other 16 year old has the hots for me and I need for Tony to set him straight!

;)
Jackie

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger