Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You look Kinda Like....


My #3 son has a unique problem...
People stop him ALL the time and say he looks
familiar...

He tells me that they'll say he looks just like, "You know, that guy from Planet of the Apes!"


"Charlton Heston?" I ask...

"MOM! Not that OLD movie!"....

And for some unknown reason, whenever anyone mentions that old movie, I can't help myself...
I just have
to do it...
My REALLY bad Charlton Heston impression...

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"


That's when #3 looks at me with a look that says either,

Mom is sooo funny!

or it could be more like

Mom actually thinks she's funny...how sad!

(I choose to think it's the first one)

I think he's handsome, and to me, he looks like himself...


Here he is with Baby Sister...



Here's Mark Wahlberg, his supposed look-alike...
I wonder if people ever stop him and say "You look just like that guy who built his own car!"

Come to think of it, our family is full of celebrity look-alikes...
We have a White Oprah (Tonys' sister L.)

A White Diana Ross (that's MISS Ross to you!) - (Tony's sister J.)

Carol Burnett & Vicki Lawrence (My Mom heard that one LOTS when I was a kid)
Alyssa Milano (Son #1's Fiancee)
We have a close friend that gets mistaken for Liam Neesin all the time...
I'm not sure if he corrects people or not...

It's funny, but no one ever mistakes me for anyone else....

Except for
long ago, I worked as a waitress... there was a girl that worked at the same restaurant, who I,
personally, didn't think was particularly attractive...

OH YEAH! You know it!!


People used to call me "Sue" all the time!

Why, oh why
couldn't it have been the really cute waitress that caused all the mix ups with me?!!

I would get huffy and hostile every time someone started to say "You look JUST like..."

I would glare at them and hold up my hand to halt that sentence....

"DON'T....EVEN....SAY....IT!!!!!!!" was my warning to them!


I'm hoping that after I lose a few pounds, I might start getting mistaken for someone like Miss January 1979 or Heather Locklear....


As well as displacing
large amounts of it
while I'm at it!! ;)


Digg this

6 comments:

halfbreedwoman said...

When I am thinner, people say that I look like Sally Field.

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Actually, now that you mention it...
I can see the resemblance!!
Ha!
The Flying Nun...
That's you alright!

;)

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Hi Jackie,
Thanks for stopping by my site! And welcome to blog world!

I don't think I would complain about looking like Marky-Mark. Now if he could just get a cut of his salary, right?

I read back a little. I can't believe you have kids in HS and you are a grandmother! You are busy! Of course this will give you plenty to write about!

:)

Anonymous said...

Found your site today. I have had people tell me that I look a little like Cheryl Ladd. I wish!

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Sue,
Thanks for floating by!
Don't think for one second that I haven't already thought of all of the excellent ways he could pamper me in my old age if he did! Ha!

;)
Jackie

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Many years ago, many pounds ago, when I had longer, bigger, curlier (and more...ha ha!) hair I used to get told I looked like Sarah Jessica Parker.

p.s. you have a beautiful family!

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger