Saturday, June 14, 2008

All I have to do is Dreeeeeam, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dreeeeeeam...



I am a big dreamer...

I know what you are thinking...
something along the lines of "good for you" or perhaps "the world needs dreamers"...
but that's not the kind of dreaming that I'm referring to.
I'm not talking about laying on a plaid blanket at a picnic, looking up at the sky, kind of dreams...
Those are day dreams... awake dreams...
The kind of dreams that I'm talking about occur at night... while I am alseep..
.

Whoop-D-Doo!
I can almost hear you thinking it...
Hello Jackie! Everyone has dreams while they are sleeping!
I am aware of that fact...

But sometimes the dreams I have are more than just your average run of the mill, garden variety dreams...

Like hiding from bad guys,
or falling off of any number of places that are very high (but miraculously jolting awake before hitting ground zero)
or even the ever popular,
trapped underwater and when you can't hold your breath any longer, take a tiny one and discover that, HEY! You can breathe underwater!

The dreams I'm trying to explain to you here are bigger than that...
More meaningful than that...
I actually come up with ideas in my dreams!
I know that it sounds, like, totally nuts...
But I do!

Sometimes, I even gain a different perspective on some troubling situation because of a dream I've had...
Is that unique to me?

Should I be rushing to a doctor?
Looking at inkblots?


Is it 2 horses heads facing away from each other?






I don't know... Is it a cat?
I'm guessing here.... I'm not a good 'tester'



One time I even had a dream about an invention...
I woke up so very excited because it was a really great invention...
Then I laid back down and went back to sleep...
When I woke up again, I remembered that I had dreamt up an invention...
But here's the kicker...
I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was...
This incident has haunted me for years...

We're talking - GREAT Invention here...


My family likes to tease me about my dreamt invention...
We'll see who's laughing if I ever have another of those kind of dreams...
Because now, whenever I dream something profound, I get up and write myself notes so that I don't forget...
So my invention would have a chance to become reality if it ever pops into my head again...
And if it happens to be something that revolutionizes the world, much like the wheel, or the light bulb, or those frozen margarita machines...

As soon as I'm done depositing the truckloads of cash into my account, and the world is waiting with bated breath to hear my story...
I'll tell them that it all started with a dream...

In the meantime, I'll just be glad to be one of the few who actually have dreams that mean something...
That help me be a better person...
That often give me new perspectives on situations in my life...
That help me breathe underwater Never mind... that doesn't work...

I'll keep you posted...





Digg this

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site has won a Blog of the Day Award (BOTDA)

Your award will go live the evening of Wednesday June 18, 2008

Award Code

Thank you,

Bill Austin

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger