Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The 'Other' F Word...


'FORWARD'...

That's where my mind is...
Where is yours?
*sigh*

I was looking through my inbox and have decided to write on open letter to anyone who has EVER e-mailed me, has thought about e-mailing me, or is e-mailing me at this very moment...

Here goes -

Dear Friend, Family member, Acquaintance, and/or Solicitor,

Although I always like hearing from all most of you, I think there's something you should know.
Half of the crap mail that you send me, I'm less than thrilled with.

Many years ago, I was a chain smoker, and since breaking that habit, I'm not into any chain activities... including the e-mail variety; replying to, forwarding to and/or sending to my top five most special friends and in return for blessings guaranteed to arrive within 10 minutes...

So don't bother sending me these because I break the chain...
every time....
and chuckle aloud, whilst pressing delete...

Also to those bottom feeders
friends that want to help me with penis enlargement, buying prescription drugs from Ethiopia or just want to be my 'friend' (wink-wink)...
I have a spam blocker...
it does for me what I normally do for myself in the case of chain letters...
(without the laughter...)

I also don't celebrate Mondays, Wednesday Humpdays, Sexy Mama Days or any of the non-traditional holidays...
Look at a US calendar before sending these...
if it's not on there, I won't be celebrating...
(another good rule of thumb for you... If there is mail delivery that day, don't bother)

Finally...
If you haven't either
A. had dinner at my house
or
B. shared a laugh or two with me over a beer

You haven't earned the right to torture me with Please don't forward me jokes, etc...


Sincerely,
Jackie



Do you think that's too harsh?
What's the most annoying type of e-mail you regularly receive?

Digg this

5 comments:

halfbreedwoman said...

Did I forward something?---I don't think so...

Woman With Windows said...

LOL

Even worse... put an ad online for anything (but in my case it's been a horse or horse tack) and experience a whole new variety of pond scum rising to the top!

Yeppers! When I have time, I like to mess with them by sending a reply with a pic of one of the girls many toy horses and of course I edit the listed price high enough to make me independently wealthy should said pond scum scammer actually turn out to be some foreign rich man wanting to buy my livestock.

Fun stuff! Think of all we missed before the birth of the internet!

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

HBW - You've eaten dinner at my house AND had laughs over beers with me... You are allowed...

WW - I LIKE the way you think!!!

;)
Jackie

obedient said...

Well, I was just getting ready to send you a tear jerker about a soldier that saved an Iraqi child from death by tearing out his own kidney and doing a transplant on the spot (as his deaf/mute wife was giving birth to triplets in a rainstorm alone), and another one about a 3 day/4 night orlando/vegas/branson vacation (after viewing a timeshare - offer not valid in FL,NV, or MO - you must pay port fees), but I guess now I wont bother...

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Prich -
Thanks for sparing me the sad details!
I was going to send you the key to amassing a fortune...
in just 8 easy steps...
It's easy!!!
And fun...
(for the WHOLE Family!!!)

But after my post today, I would feel guilty bothering you with unsolicited mail...

;)
Jackie

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger