Monday, March 31, 2008

If Life Gives You Lemons....


Someone asked me this question the other day…

‘If someone bought you a book titled Cook Yourself Thin for your birthday, what would you do?’

My reply, you ask?

It went something like this….

I would probably give them a small paper cut with each page and then pour lemon juice over the paper cuts for good measure!

Okay, so you now know two more things about me..

#1 – I have serious issues!

#2 – I have wonderful off-the-cuff ideas!

The question, it turns out, was asked because this person was actually given this ‘gift’ for her birthday (without wishing for it, I might add!) She was hurt and highly offended, and I think, mentioned it to see if she was being overly sensitive... I believe that my response to said question, reassured her that she was not!

It’s interesting to me how people walk around trying to encourage others to ‘fix’ themselves. It goes back to the old ‘holes’ philosophy…. We’ve all got ‘em.

And guess what?

Most of us are keenly aware of what we need to work on.

Maybe your issue is physical, like you need to lose weight…. or gain weight (difficult to imagine having THAT problem, but some people do)

Maybe your issues are even harder to deal with, like you are mean or painfully shy or you have really low self-esteem…

I for one, am more of the Swiss-cheese variety… I have lots of holes!

Thought for the day –

Encouragement isn’t a weapon, so if you hurt someone with it, you probably aren’t using it properly!




Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger