Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Buck Stops Here.....


My husband says he’s my boss.

I can almost hear your huge gasp of disbelief!
What a nerve, right? He LOVES to say it to me, because he knows exactly how I will react…. And I never disappoint.
Every time he says it, I cry, “You are NOT! I am the boss of me”…

Then I see it.

It’s that satisfied grin that says to all, ‘I won!’

Sometimes, to make it worse, he throws in “I am the boss, you can be the supervisor”

I know that you are probably thinking to yourself that YOU would never put up with THAT!
I know.
I understand.
But the fact is, that he is a great guy, who happens to have a very twisted sense of humor.

Which actually, truth be told… was one of the things that attracted me to him in the first place.
I know… I know… I must be weird, to find that attractive. (Very attractive)
Guilty as charged!

Lately though, I’ve been thinking, that I may actually let him be the boss.
Before you get your panties (or boxers) in a bunch, just give me a minute to explain.

Bosses are where the buck stops.
Supervisors field only the small(ish) problems.
The big problems need the boss’s attention.

Are you starting to follow me here?

Newspaper doesn’t get delivered on Sunday?
Sounds like a supervisor should handle that call.

Kid accidentally backs into driveway and runs into garage door after missing his curfew by 2 hours….
That’s one for the boss.

Do you see where I’m going with this?

My life would most likely get way easier if I just handled the supervisory position and left the bossing to him. I’m going to give it a try, simply so I can prove how ridiculous his outrageous claims of bossiness are.

And when I feel the time is right…


I’m going to ask for a raise!



Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger