Wednesday, March 19, 2008

One Degree...

One degree...

It seems such a tiny thing, but in my house, trust me… it’s humongous!

“I’m hot!” I say

“It’s just you!” He says

This dialog has been going on in our home for a couple of years now. We actually spar over the one-degree difference that we each want the A/C set on.

I must also add, that I have been telling my husband for years that there is something wrong with that thermostat, because the difference between 78 and 79 degrees is huge.

I’m wondering if a power surge or storm has messed up the temperature measuring thingy inside of it and it just can’t do its job properly anymore.

I'll tell you something else…. It really gets me steamed when he says that anything is ‘just me’… I mean, what does that actually mean?

I don’t know why I find it exceptionally irritating when he talks like that. But I know that I’m not alone here.

Lots of my girlfriends have mentioned that over the past couple of years that their families purposely go out of their way to annoy them. We swap this kind of intel over a drink during our ‘meetings’, which is our code name for ‘happy hour’.

I’m seeing a pattern here. It’s so obvious that I can’t believe that the news hasn’t done an expose’ on the whole thing! I’m SURE that there is something in our environment that is making our men and children turn on us.

The most I can figure is that it couldn’t be the water supply because I drink water, and so do my friends and none of us have been affected.

Maybe it’s some kind of weird exotic viral infection that affects only our men and kids.
I surmise that we must have a natural immunity to it.

Then I get worried because I’m pretty sure that most of our ‘top scientists’ are men (don’t they usually say ‘I’ll get a man on that right away!’ in the movies?)

That means that no one will be working on a cure because the women research scientists probably won’t get the “CURE CRAZY VIRUS ASAP!” memo because some guy will destroy all of the orders before any woman will even SEE it!!!

Okay, so perhaps I am being a tad overdramatic here, but you see my dilemma, as well as my friends too.

At a recent ‘meeting’ one friend made a monumental announcement “It’s official… I went to the doctor and I am definitely in menopause!”

That news, if you ask me, is really depressing. I mean, what are we going to be discussing at future meetings? Prune juice?!

“How sad for you”, I say

I’m sure that I am AGES away from that! ‘Poor old thing!’ I’m thinking. I’m guessing that when my time comes I won’t get all those crazy menopausal symptoms that I’ve read about in Ladies Home Journal.
Not me… EVER, I tell myself.

I have bigger problems to worry about anyways.

I mean, after all, we still have to get to the bottom of this virus thing.

It’s so annoying!

And for Pete’s sake!

Will someone turn the stinking air conditioning on!!!



Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger