Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Don't Mess with Librarian-types....


A year or so ago, several of the ‘girls gone sort-of-wild’ (a.k.a. my crew) and I went to an outdoor concert together. We went to see John Mayer & Sheryl Crow who were touring at the time.

We planned ahead as usual and had sorted out rides to and from so that we would be able to have a party on the lawn, which is where we were sitting…
Except that SOME of us rented chairs because we didn’t want to sit on the lawn…
Not me! I love grass stains and spilled drinks, which occasionally roll down the steep hill getting on my pants….
Not really, but lawn chairs are a sign of old age, so I steer clear!

There was quite a crowd there and it was a beautiful evening….
We were definitely ready to rock!
The concert was awesome, and everyone noticed that John kept singing specifically to me… it was kind of embarrassing, but I’m getting used to it, because he did it the next time I saw him too…

Sheryl was cool too. We all love her even if she does have a banging body AND she’s our age….
Now that I think of it…. Maybe she’s not that cool!

The concert ended and we were headed for the Wing House Restaurant where my knight in shining armor was meeting us and driving all the girls home (he’s a brave knight too)

But FIRST! Potty stops were needed…desperately!
The line was long…
REALLY LONG!
One of the girls, whom by the way, is normally one of the biggest rule followers, suggests we use the other “entrance”
…And by “entrance” I really mean, “exit”
Desperate times call for desperate measures!
Believe me!
I was desperate!

We casually walk in, like we are supposed to be there, and as soon as a stall on the end opened… my friend walked towards the open door…
What she didn’t count on was a self-proclaimed bathroom monitor who attempted to block her entry to the coveted potty!
I couldn’t quite hear what the bathroom monitor said, but I clearly did hear my usually compliant friend shout “I DON’T THINK SO MISSY!”
For a half second or so I thought we were going to be treated to out and out catfight, but I think old ‘Missy’ realized that she should probably hang up her badge and get the heck out of the way!
I should probably mention that this particular friend looks like the sweet librarian type….

Come on Jack!’ she barks at me.
I scoot quickly into the stall, which happens to be a handicap one, (It sounds worse than it was…really) and she comes in behind me and slams the door shut.
I say to her ‘I’ll turn around while you go’
She tells me that she doesn’t have to go.
She turns around and lets me do my thing, semi-privately.
That’s a real friend right there, if you ask me!

We get to the rendezvous point and treat our ride to a bite before he drives everyone to their houses….
and he listens to us laugh the entire trip home about how ‘our girl’ went to bat for me!


Lesson for today…

Don’t ever underestimate the power of a good friend…
and a weak bladder!

Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger