Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Happy Thoughts....



I once heard a comedian describing the wonder he felt, as he watched his son looking out the car window with a satisfied smile across his face and inquired ‘hey, whatcha thinking about?’
He said that his little boy replied,
(still grinning) “candy”.

It made me think that it’s been a lot of years since I had the time to ponder the simple things that made me smile… Nearly 28 years of marriage, 5 kids and 2 grandsons, 1 blind dog, 2 dead hamsters, 2 dead gerbils, 1 dead cat and I’m guessing, at least, 38 dead fish later, my head is completely cluttered up with all kinds of stuff,
both important and not so important.
(The other 95% is taken up with the in-between kind of info)

For example, the important list might include,
names of all immediate family members as well as birthdays...
and also my family’s favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe…

The not so important (aka: useless information) would be…
Oh, I don’t know….
The lines to all of my favorite movies
(Hey! I don’t ASK for those to be in my brain… they just ARE)

The largest portion is filled with a big messy mixing bowl of random ideas and memories…
the in-betweens….
For instance, the time that I got the giggles really bad at church.
We aren’t talking a chuckle here….
We’re talking shoulder shaking, tears flowing,
and a couple of snorts for good measure, kind of laughing attack,
and to make things worse, every time I thought I had it under control,
I would make eye contact with Tony (my husband)
and fall apart
all over again!
(In retrospect, I don’t think that anyone really believed
that the holy spirit had moved me...)
Another in-between, is my quest to find the missing remote
(I’ve wasted 4 hours and completely tore my house apart….
And yet, my brain-space is still holding on to it, 9 months later,
and continually wondering, where the heck it could be….)

Could it be, that maybe, I just don’t make the time; you know, clear out some old junk or at the very least defragment and optimize my gray matter. (That sounds really gross!)

But, you know what?
I‘m going to do it today…
I’m going to take some deep breaths, clear my head
and ponder some things that bring a smile…

Like my husband,…
and my five great kids…
my grandsons…
awesome camping trips…
the beach…
and, oh yeah…


CANDY!



Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger