Saturday, March 29, 2008

Linguistic Contributions....


Have you ever heard an expression that seems so dumb, you can’t believe that it actually ‘caught on’?

“I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like you…”

Can’t you just picture the look on the face of the person who

received those pearls of wisdom for the first time?

(He was probably wondering how long someone had been spying on him while he was getting dressed each morning)

His facial expression probably looked something like this-

Or how about,

“So Didn't I!”

I can never get my head around this one…

Does it mean you didn’t or you did?

I’m not sure….

It’s always confused me…

I’m going to try and come up with a cool new expression (I hope it catches on!)

It may take a while, but I’m willing to wait…

It should be used when you are completely exasperated with picking up after everyone in your house and it seems like no one is listening and you are totally ready for a ‘Calgon Moment’

It will be something along these lines:

“You people are killing me! You are going to feel soooo bad when I drop dead of a heart attack from all of the stress you are causing me, and then you are going to have to explain to your father why I’m laying dead on the floor and there is a big mess of your stuff still scattered all over the house!”

On second thought, that probably wouldn’t be considered a catchy phrase and it's kind of long to remember….

And it’s not really that cool either….

Plus, I don’t feel very confident that it would catch on….

Unless….

Wait a sec!

You say that you said that same thing to your kids yesterday?

SO DIDN’T I!!!

Maybe there’s hope for my contribution after all!

Digg this

0 comments:

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger