Friday, March 21, 2008

Cock-a-doodle-don't.....


I HATE Monday Mornings! Why, you ask, am bothering you with this today, which is actually a Friday morning? Well there is a two-fold answer to that:

1. I also hate Friday Mornings

2. and also Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday Mornings

I am what you call, a non-morning person.

I think I am just wired that way.

I’m not going to make excuses for my love of snoozing a bit longer than the ‘butt-crack of dawn’, to coin a phrase that my brother Rick, personally made popular in the early 70’s and who is also, I might add, not really a morning person… which only reinforces the whole ‘I’m wired that way’ thought.

At night as I’m setting my alarm I am often to be heard muttering under my breath, ‘I HATE this stupid alarm clock!!’

If my husband hears these words, he will almost always chime in with ‘Just turn the volume down a little if it bothers you’

This comment, further backs up my theory of the existence of a virus that causes men (and children) to purposely irritate their wives (and moms)!

I calmly explain to him, ‘I HATE THE WHAT THE ALARM CLOCK DOES! IT WAKES ME UP!! THE VOLUME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!

Wow! He is lucky that he has me instead of some hormonally challenged wife who would surely be not nearly as patient as I am!

Can you explain this to me? Why is it that every early bird that I know, Is slightly offended by the fact that my body clock is different then theirs.

What’s that all about?

I mean, I'm up before light most mornings because I have to be…

It’s my responsibility as a mom and a grown up.

Okay, so I don’t greet the dawn with a warm embrace…

But I do the same thing that they do each morning…. Get up to do my thing.

Why then, the hostility?

Can’t we just all get along?

You cannot even imagine the joy that I feel when I go to bed with the knowledge that I don’t HAVE to get up at any designated time.

In fact, tonight will be one of those nights!

I will go to bed and not have to pause to talk dirty to the clock on my nightstand.

I will most likely lie down and giggle, which is what usually happens when I take a moment to contemplate my situation… I’m serious…. I do….

Hopefully, I will sleep without waking up in the middle of the night all sweaty (Tony really needs to check out that thermostat!)

And oh yeah…

Don’t even think of phoning me before 9:30 AM tomorrow!



Digg this

2 comments:

Woman With Windows said...

Hoot! Hoot! From one fellow night owl to another! :)

Mornings & I don't get along! And if you don't give me some space for the first hour... well... let's just say it could be detrimental to your health.
;)

Enjoy tomorrow morning!

And Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

aunt Jackie...the more I read the more I realize I'm so much like you!! I HATE the alarm clock, too. Jamie is a "have to get up at 7 so I'll set the alarm for 6:15 and hit snooze for 45 mins" kind of guy and it drives me crazy. Thankfully, everyone in my house gets up on their own, shuts off their own alarm clocks on school days, and wakes me up when I have to drive them to school. Nothin' wrong with that! xo :O) Jill

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger