Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ferry and Tay.....

True story…

We have good friends, who are a married couple…

Their names are Terry and Fay.

For some absurd reason, a strange phenomenon happens when most people attempt to say their names together in a sentence. They may start out attempting to say, ‘Let’s invite Terry & Fay’, but more often then not, it comes out ‘Let’s invite Ferry and Tay’

I’m convinced that there is some type of brain-phonetics-scientific explanation behind these occurrences.

There’s probably a name for it like Firstnamicus Letterus Swapicus or FLS for short…

Or maybe not…

Fay always laughs and says she’s used to it.

Terry is not nearly as understanding.

‘You can call her Tay, but darn it! Stop calling me Ferry!’

I get it… Ferry does sound a bit ‘light in the loafers’

As God is my witness I try not to do it, but it happens

Last time I did it, I tried to smooth it over by telling him that it would be way worse for me if FLS struck us!

We would no longer be Tony & Jackie

But Jony & Tackie...

Tackie is WAY worse than Ferry, so I think he should count his blessings until they can find a cure for FLS!




Digg this

1 comments:

Woman With Windows said...

FLS !!! That is hilarious!! ROFL!

We're boring... we'd just be Jodie & Jason. ;)

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger