Friday, August 22, 2008

And Now, Playing the Part of...



I have this one weird thing.


To be perfectly honest, I actually have several weird things, the least of which is a rogue hair that sprouts in a place which I am certain it is not meant to grow...

Back to my 'thing'...

Here's the thing.

Oh dear...

I seem to be on one of those things where you are suddenly aware of a word that you are overusing and the thing is problem is, that the more you think about the thing use of the word, the worse the thing it gets...

Anywhooooo...

Let me start over...

Whether I am reading a book, watching a movie/tv show/play, I tend to designate who "I am" in the thi.. book/movie/tv show/play.

Way back when the earth was new, and I was seven...
I decided that my 'Brady Role" was that of Marcia.
Actually I was also Laurie in the Partridge Family...
and Mary Ann on Gilligans Island...

I'm not a self absorbed designator..
I often assign characters to my friends and family as well...

Each one of my closest friends secretly had a role in the Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood (and they didn't even know it!)





Recently, I've personally made an important scientific discovery!

Not really... but I've always wanted to say that...
I have actually found that as with other 'things' that are part of who I am,
this 'thing' seems in all likelihood to be genetic...

I made this hypothesis based on a recent trip to the movies with my sister, Tricky Vicki (or T.V.)...
We went to see Mamma Mia! with a couple of my friends , which incidentally is FAB! If you haven't seen it yet... Go!!

So here's where my keen sense of observation kicked in leading to the revelation that this is not just a 'weird thing' but indeed a 'genetic thing'...

Halfway through the movie, there is a scene where Donna (played by Meryl Streep) is joined on stage by her BFF's Tanya (Christine Baranski) and Rosie (Julie Walters) to sing...
as I am watching this big scene, T.V. leans over and taps my arm and says "You're in the middle" and she points to the left "That's me" and she points to the right "That's Linda"
(Linda is our other sister)




I cracked up because, not only did I realize at that very moment, that I am not quite as weird as I thought I was, because obviously this 'thing' runs in our family...
but even more hilarious is that her designations were exactly the same as mine!!

So now I don't feel quite so strange about my designation habit...

But NOW...

about that hair.....


Digg this

1 comments:

As Cape Cod Turns said...

So funny that you were thinking the SAME thing! Now to find out if your other sister has this 'super power'.

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger