Sunday, July 6, 2008

You Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dog....





I've noticed a disturbing trend lately...
I'll apologize in advance for any distress that this may cause you if you are included in the following category, but I can honestly say that this is my real opinion...
(MY being the operative word here)


If you are from a different school of thought, that's okay...

Don't hate...
Appreciate... (I overheard this at a party once... so I thought I'd try it on for size)

What the heck is it with people and their dogs?

I mean, when did dogs suddenly move up a rung or two on lifes ladder to be on the same level as people?
Before
anyone contacts PETA to put a contract out on me, or plot an ambush at the entrance to the grocery store and throw paint on me because I have leather trim on my sneakers (and it might actually be 'pleather' anyway) HEAR ME OUT!

I am an animal lover...

Truly, I am!


I adore my dog...

He's been part of our family for more than 11 years...

I've fed him, washed him, cared for him, for all this time...

He's given my family unconditional love in return...

It's wonderful and special...

But he is a
dog (a.k.a. animal)...
He's
NOT a person (a.k.a. human being)...

He doesn't go with me everywhere I go...

i.e. We get invited to dinner at a friends house - He stays home...

I don't dress him in humiliating outfits and parade him around in them...


I let him walk on all fours,

which means that I don't push him around in a baby stroller...

We've all seen these, right?!


We don't get offended if you don't include his name on the envelope when sending us a Christmas card or Wedding Invitation...
Heck! He can't read it, because he's...

You guessed it!!!
A DOG!!!

If you can't come to a function unless your dog is included...
We'll miss you!

We don't carry him around like a baby and he cannot sit in my lap while I drive...
(okay... he's 70 lbs which would make these things difficult, but even if he weighed 7 lbs...NOT HAPPENING!)

I don't get offended when people come over that aren't really 'into' dogs and would rather not have his attention...
I have NO PROBLEM putting him in my bedroom (which I generously share with him) when those friends stop by... (I'll even leave the tv on for him for company)

All these things don't mean I love him less...
They just mean that he's a dog
and I'm a person
and (cover your eyes and ears right now if you are from 'the other camp' while I reveal a shocking revelation...)

We are not on the same level

That's the bottom line...
Again - My opinion...

Which camp are you in?

Digg this

5 comments:

halfbreedwoman said...

Speedy lives in his own house...not in mine. Because he is a biting hound dog. I love him, but he is not coming in MY house.

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

HBW -
He is a bit devilish, isn't he?!
and don't tell him I said so, but he kinda stinks too!

;)
Jackie

As Cape Cod Turns said...

My inlaws have to leave my house early so they can go home and feed their dogs. And if there is any dinner left, they ask to take it becuase their Chiwawa (no idea how to spell that, but that is how I feel like spelling it) only eats people food.
I do have a very cute dog, but she is not welcome everywhere I go and that is fine by me!

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Maybe they should just stop at Taco Bell on the way home ;)

Anonymous said...

ok, so that would be a chiwawa with dropped bowling ball? interesting...
p.s. I will now post replies as anonymous. it is easier to remember than my password.
paula (anonymous)

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger