Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Blinded by the Light, Revved Up Like a...


I read a disturbing news item this morning...
The article reported that more than 50 people in India have gone blind by looking directly into the sun for the virgin mary...

First of all,
what the heck would she be doing on the sun?
EVERYONE knows that the sun is an extremely hot place and that it is virtually uninhabitable!

AND... Even if, by some miracle she did live there... there is another problem with looking for her...
The sun is really far away... 94.5 million miles to be precise...
I can't even see my neighbors at the end of the block in their yard from my yard, which incidentally isn't even close to 1 mile away...

ALSO... what would have happened, if they did find her sitting right on the sun??
Would they have had t-shirts made up that said 'I STARED INTO THE SUN AND SPOTTED MARY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CRUMMY T-SHIRT AND FINALLY, I HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON WITH STEVIE WONDER!!'

After the first few seconds of gazing at the sun and searching for her, wouldn't you just call it a day and assume that she isn't there?
I would...

I mean, at what point do you avert your eyes from the blinding light that is searing your retinas causing irreparable damage?

I, for one, like to learn from others mistakes...
After, oh, let's say the first dozen lunatics people went through similar experiences which included a fruitless search for the impossible which ended on a really BAD note...
Complete and utter blindness...
wouldn't you say to yourself, "Now THAT wasn't a very good idea!"

What do you suppose that #49 was thinking??
"Those other 48 idiots were doing it wrong!!"
or maybe
"I'm feeling lucky! After this.... I'll head on over to Vegas!!"

Didn't they ever listen to their mother telling them not to follow the crowd?
Please people!!!
Exercise some common sense!

Anyhow, haven't they ever been to little Italy?
You'll spot her easily in most neighborhood flower gardens...




Digg this

3 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Funny! And you're welcome for enlightening you on the number of random penises you encounter!

Hallie

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

To those that may be wondering what Hallie is talking about, check out her site on which she was writing about a number of things which had my germophobic skin crawling!!
(one of the little known facts, involved penises...)

Thanks for stopping by!

;)
Jackie

Unknown said...

My neighbor came over to my house and yelled at me over my dog!

I have a dog that I can't keep in my yard. I have tried everything and she always finds a way out. Anyway, this lady comes to my home, knocks on my door and when i open the door she points her finger at me and yells obscenities at me. Apparently my dog was in HER neighbors garbage and then pooped on HER NEIGHBORS LAWN! Why didn't she come and talk to me like a civil human being? Why was she a vicious monster attacking me at my door? I calmly went over to HER NEIGHBORS house where the garbage was and picked up every piece, and the dog poop. I agree that I have that responsibility to clean up after my dog. The one thing I don't agree upon is someone coming to my house and screaming in my face about something I didn't know about. Is anyone out there been blessed with a psyco-neighbor?
I don't think anyone remembers the golden rule...Do unto others as you would want done unto you!
I sent them a lovely card from this site I found...www.URAJerk.com

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger