Sunday, July 27, 2008

Nocturnal Noises...


I come from a big line or snore-ers...
My dad made snoring an art form and always added his own 'flavor' to his snoring...
It went something like this: KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK-Pooooooooooooo!


This of course made all of us go totally hysterical when we were kids...
It was always the same...
Extremely predictable...

My mom would snore occasionally too.
Although like everything my mother ever did, it was more lady-like and dignified...
Quieter, softer and nothing to laugh at...

By pure coincidence, I married a guy who snores as well...
His episodes seem to be cyclical and not at all reliable...

He's like the little girl with her curl...
When he doesn't do it, he's very, very quiet
But when he snores, he's LOUD!

Apparently, my snoring has become a bit worse lately...
I say 'apparently', because I never know I'm doing it, and quite frequently am accused of "disturbing" my husband, when I don't even think I am asleep yet...
You can't snore when you are awake.... right?


Unfortunately for me, I do not take after my Mom in the snoring department...
I'm told I am loud and can easily drown out most levels of volume on the bedroom television...



I wish that as long as I was going to create deafening sleep sounds, they could be more interesting at least...
Like a 3-stooges type of wood sawing-
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk-meep-meep-meep-meep-meep!
That's classic!

Nyuck, Nyuck!!!


What about you?
Have you been accused of keeping the neighborhood awake at night with your nocturnal noise?
If so, what 'type' of snorer are you?
Loud?
Soft?
Or do you add your own flare, beyond the normal 'zzzzzzzzzzzzz'?



Digg this

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your cartoon! I've woken myself up before with my own snoring. I think most people do it.

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger