Monday, January 5, 2009

AXE and You Shall Receive...

Is it just me??!!

Has anyone else noticed that half of the world doesn't ask for help anymore??

They axe for help...

For heavens sake people!!!!

Just look at the word before uttering it!!!

Ask...

A-S-K...

There's nothing violent about it...

You cannot chop firewood with an
ask...
You can with an
axe however...

Once a lady told me that if I needed to know something I should just axe her...
I told her right up front that I would never react to needing to know
anything by axing a person...

I mean, I'm a peaceful kind of girl...

I make
love, not war...
(she was NOT amused)

Today came the final straw...
as I was working, I had to go to a US Government site to gather information...
As I was not familiar with the site, I went to a help section where I was directed to this link...

Within 20 seconds, I heard a gentleman explain to me that this tool would give me quick access to the most "axed" for data series in the Bureau of Labor Statistics...

I kid you not... click and listen...

This needs to stop, I'm sure you'll agree...

I have decided that from now on, everytime someone axes me something,
I will give them one of these posters that I have designed for just such occasions...



Do you think it will catch on??

Digg this

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! How in the world have we gotten here? Another of my pet peeves is not using conjunctions. Didn't they watch school house rock on Sat. mornings?????
Rick

Anonymous said...

Let me just say, I hate the word "groovy", too. I mean, don't kids these days know that groovy means that something has a lot of cuts in it, like a record album? Also, the word "neat". How can something that is good be "neat"? Did it straighten itself up? Don't even get me started on how I feel when someone says they "dig" me. Sheesh.
p

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Yes, that is a grammatical blunder that is so annoying!
Don't hurt me(or axe me), but I think the pronunciation of the word is more of a southern thing?
You do have the warm weather thing going for you and it is frickin freezing here right now!

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger