Monday, January 12, 2009

It's a Bird! It's a Plane!! It's Marge!!!


My BFF thinks she's Super Girl...
You know, the one who ISO a NGBF?
(she still hasn't found one)

Over the holidays she was trying to show her 16 year old son how to change a tire by way of walking him through the procedure...

Everything was going just fine until the jack began to slip and anticipating the ramifications of that, she did what any super hero would do...

She quite simply slipped her hand under the wheel well to catch the car before it fell...

Ordinary girls would never even attempt such a feat...

But due to her super-human powers, this was a piece of cake...

She simply eased the car to the ground so that no one got hurt...

Oh wait!!!

NO... Actually it went down more like this...


She simply grabbed the car with the
INTENT of avoiding injuries, but instead, for some reason, her powers were being blocked by something
(she
may have forgotten to put on her super suit that morning)
and she found herself pinned... by the hand.... between the wheel well and the tire....

Panic ensued, but soon cleared the way for quick thinking, and her hand was freed shortly after....bruised and battered, but not broken, thank God!

Some might hear this story and think to themselves that they would
never do something like that....

But that's the thing about "stupid human tricks"...

We all do them...

Ever grab a cookie sheet with your bare hands ten seconds after you, yourself, just removed it from the 350 degree oven rack?!

Stupid Human Trick!!!

How about turning the keys in the ignition, only to find that you had already started it...(and then it makes that embarrassing noise that causes people to look to see which moron tried to start their already running car!!!)

Stupid Human Trick!!!

So before you judge ol' Super Girl... just remember that you, too, might get caught doing something without your super-suit on!



Digg this

2 comments:

halfbreedwoman said...

Once I slapped a van door shut, then stuck my hand out to stop the door- Finger got shut in door.
Once I tried to jump over a child gate to answer the phone. Toes got stuck in the gate- tore my ACL.
Once I...

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

I hear you!! I feel like I perform "stupid human tricks" with regularity...

Thanks for making me realize that Marge and I aren't alone here!!

;)
Jackie

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger