Monday, December 22, 2008

SPRITZ COOKIES - DENIED!!!

We are getting down to the wire here to finish a load of things before the big guy comes on Wednesday night..

I am finding that the older I get, the less organized I seem to become, largely due to the fact that my life gets more complicated and the logistics of it all cause me to forget normal, every day things...
like my children's names...
or if Tony likes tomatoes in his salad...

He does NOT.... (as he reminded me for the 826th time
just the other day)

Actually, I have never been THAT organized...
but truthfully, I am one of the few who don't stress over stuff like that...
I stress over other things...

Like why people are mean to each other...

and why...
for the LOVE OF GOD... do they make full figured sized clothes with horizontal stripes??!!

I mean ...
there ought to be a law...

So today I dragged myself back to the store for the 4th time in as many days and grabbed all of my baking supplies for my annual Pre-Christmas kitchen marathon...

I came home and got "
the look" from my man that said "You spent waaaay too much money didn't you??!"
He doesn't scare me!
No siree!

Because I know what he likes...
and food is near the top of the list...
and sweets come in on the top of his foods list...

So in a day or so, he'll forget all about the money spent at the grocery store and be focusing on deciding which treat to eat first...

He threw me a tiny curve ball though when he said "Hey... please don't bother to make those plain cookies this year... they aren't very good and no one really eats them"

"You mean my Spritz cookies?" I inquired with disbelief in my voice.

"Yeah.... no one really likes them and they usually get tossed out"

So I took a few seconds to think about this...

the spritz cookies...

which always take me five times longer to make than any other cookie that I make...

No one likes??!!



YIPPIE!!!!!
WHOO-HOO!!!


I knew that my work had just been cut in half so instead of being insulted....
he actually made my day....

I
definitely married the right guy for me!!!

Digg this

2 comments:

halfbreedwoman said...

Have a very Merry Christmas!!! I always liked the spritz cookies and the pumpkin roll ;-)
Love and miss you all!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I had totally forgotten your pumpkin roll. I would gladly buy you a CASE of puffs plus for one delicious pumpkin roll. And, Yippee to Tony on nixing the plain waste-of-time non-pumpkin roll cookies. paula

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger