Monday, December 1, 2008

R O Y G B I V Revisited


Tony and I purchased Kayaks on Black Friday...

Actually, our friend was going to fight the crowds to buy himself two kayaks, so I asked if he would please just pick up a couple more for us...

I realize that it is a tad bit more inconvenient than asking someone to pick you up a loaf of bread, but there was some serious reasoning behind this...

This way there would be two less people filling up the store...

PLUS

We were just trying to do our part to help with crowd control...

He didn't buy that story either...

Being the good guy that he is, he agreed anyway, but also hinted that he might not be willing to get up at 5 a.m. to ensure said purchase...

In the end, he scored big time and called to let us know that we were now the proud owners of shiny new kayaks...
One yellow, one red...

Only one facet of this entire experience was going to cause me stress...
I now was faced with the deciding which color I wanted...
Tony always lets me choose first.. because he's a good guy.... he wants me to be happy...
This is a good thing...

EXCEPT -

I have a terrible time making those kinds of decisions!!

It's weird... I know!!!
I've raised five children and made literally thousands of choices that were FAR more important than this, yet each and every time I am faced with a judgment call of the color palate variety, I agonize over it...

My initial reaction was "I definitely wanted the red one...."
no question about it...
Then I started wondering if I would tire of paddling around in a kayak the color of an atomic fireball...

"I may want the yellow one..." is what I announce to my guy several hours later
I'm pretty sure that this was totally, NOT a surprise to him.

Over the past several days I have vacillated like this repeatedly.

(We have been toying with idea of buying a new car and I know that a color decision of that magnitude would probably necessitate a prescription of some sort!!)

But there is good news!!!!
I've decided that I am going to stick with my original color choice... RED!!!


Most Likely...



Digg this

7 comments:

halfbreedwoman said...

Red- definitely- RED-

Anonymous said...

RED, the color of speed, agility and skill. Actually, it might hide blood from kayaking wounds better.
paula

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Thanks for your supportive input!

I'm thinking that Red might also intimidate any gators that we might encounter...

;)
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I, too, have inherited this decision making glich when dealing with non-life threatening decisions. Mostly decisions that deal with me. But in this case, I vote RED. :) You look great in Red aunt Jackie! xo Did you have to choose a color for an ORE?

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

The paddle color decision was a bit easier... we both have red/yellow marbled colored paddles!

Thanks for stopping by Jill!!

;)

Isn't it Amazing! said...

Oh NO.......you KNOW you love Meyer Lemons and who else in the world........well a few I guess.........have a wonderful Kitchen Aid mixer that is in the designer color they even call Meyer Lemon!!!
and then of course there is the other reason to choose yellow........for your always 'sunny' disposition..................yeh, you might be right....

Red's good!

;) T.V.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I don't know Jackie, I like yellow! Ha ha, but you didn't buy me a kayak, so I guess you can pick the red one.

Yes, Disney was fun, but next trip we are coming to your house to visit Busch Gardens and check out the live animals/insects/reptiles living on your deck!

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger