Friday, October 3, 2008

I Left My Heart in....


I have a problem with several of my 'peeps'...
or maybe it's they who have a problem with me...
Some of these friends actually get angry with me for my allegiance to the sports teams that first gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling that only your true love can...

The Red Sox, Bruins and the NE Patriots...

Maybe it's because they come from the same place as where the life that I now lead began...

where I met my guy nearly 30 years ago...

where 4 of my 5 children were born...

where I lost my....




car keys once.
(get your minds out of the gutter for Pete's sake!!)

I do root for the home teams here as well...
and they have served us well over the last several years-


The Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Super Bowl XXXVII Champions


The Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions

The Tampa Bay Rays - 2008 AL East Division Champions
(participating in the playoffs for a shot at the World Series Title)


I always root for these, my now home teams...

That is, UNLESS...
The Patriots, Bruins, or Red Sox are playing against them...

So you can probably understand now why this is a problem for some of my die hard Tampa Bay buds...

They don't understand.

As happens sometimes in life, my love is misunderstood...


So just so we're straight here, I'll run it down for you once again -

During these AL Playoffs... I am rooting like crazy for the Rays to win thier series against the White Sox...
But, I am also rooting for the Red Sox (i them) to beat the Angels...

Given all of those facts, we both know what is going to happen if they both beat their opponents and have to face each other for the coveted slot in the World Series...

I'll have to close all of my shades and sit on the edge of my seat alone to watch those games...

or risk having the crap beat out of me...

PS - Leslie... now everyone will know it was you (and Len) if anything happens to me!


Digg this

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart will always belong to the Packers, even though I live far away from them for many of the same reasons you have listed.

halfbreedwoman said...

I KNOW what you are talking about. I love the Chicago Bears- because McMahon was my first imaginary boyfriend...& I have never even seen Chicago except from a plane/airport window.
uhmmmm Go Bucs!!!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I am glad to see you have not forgotten your roots! New England fans are just a different (greater) type fan!

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
Leave my sister alone!! I think she can take you anyway. Go Colts!
Love, Rick

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Thanks to all of you who have made me feel MUCH better about my views about MY teams!!

;)
Jackie

PS - Just in case you have been locked away from the media this past week... the Rays have moved up as have the Red Sox... which means that my friends an I will all be watching their series...

separately...

PSS - Thanks Rick for having my back...
I'm sure that your comments have Les shaking in her pointy little witch shoes now!!

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger