Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bum-mer....


In the "spirit" of tomorrows occasion....

When my older kids were little (they are all 'growed-up' now and have kids of their own) we relocated to Florida from Massachusetts, which is where my husband is from and we lived for many years...

If you've never spoke to anyone who is from Mass., they have a language all their own, which they speak with a very unique accent...

They pahk cahs (park cars)...
They also drink tauwnic (tonic) which is what they call any kind of soda including, Pepsi, Root Beer & Mountain Dew...
They have cute words for things... for instance, they call posteriors, "bums", which is what my kids grew up referring to their hineys as...

Shortly before the first Halloween after we settled into our new life in the tropics, my nieces came over for a visit...

I overheard a conversation between my two oldest boys and my niece that went something like this:

Niece: Hey Cuz... what are you going to be for Halloween?

Son # 1: I don't know...

Son #2: Me either...

Son #1: What are you going to be?

Niece: Probably a bum...

*** Dead Silence****

Followed by giggles and much hilarity between my 2 boys...

Son #1: How are you going to do that??!!!

This is the point where I intervened and informed all parties that there was a tiny communication gap and why...

We all cracked up over this over and over....

One last thing...



Do you know why ghosts cannot have children?




Give up???






Because they have Hollow-weanies!!




Have fun and BE SAFE this Halloween...

Digg this

4 comments:

halfbreedwoman said...

Hollow Weanies- Good One!!!!

Isn't it Amazing! said...

oh...I get it.........the kids saying they'd go as bums CRACKED you up!!! lololo..............get it? crack!!!

Isn't it Amazing! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud because we referred to our bottoms as bums, too!

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger