Saturday, October 18, 2008

Politically Incorrect Moves - The Early Years


Flashback -
Early Months 1969-

Although I was still a little girl, my older sisters and brothers were beginning to leave our nest to start lives of their own.

I was the flower girl in my sister Vicki's (T.V.'s) wedding when I was three.....
(and a darned cute one if I do say so myself!)

Naturally, as with many young, married couples, she and her husband decided to have a baby...

Although I was very young, I remember the excitement that the entire family experienced...
I remember my Mom making comments to other family members regarding the fact that she was VERY young to be a Grandmother...

I remember having a few things to say on the subject too...
Things that seemed highly sensible to my six year old self...

Like I hoped it was a girl because I always wanted a baby sister and since my Mom would never cooperate with me, a niece would have to do...

Like I hoped that it would be healthy...


and cute...


and white...


You heard right...
I said it alright!!!

But hold your horses for a second...

before you get all "oh my gosh! how could she have just said that?!"

I want to point out a few important facts...

Remember... I was six....
  • I had NO idea about the birds and the bees...
  • I desperately wanted a fake little sister, who would really be my niece, but who I could still boss around...
  • Even at six, I knew that good health was essential and that cute couldn't hurt...
  • At six, I also knew that white matched the rest of the family and I figured that couldn't hurt either...

I can still remember the reaction that my last statement received...

first stunned...

then hysterical...

I remember thinking how dumb they all were for laughing at a perfectly good wish list...
Incidentally, all of my wishes came true...

But my tendencies to say the wrong thing without meaning to offend, unfortunately are just part of who I am...

I frankly don't care about black, white, purple or blue...
But put me in a room filled with plaid, and I'm bound to say something about kilts or tartans or something else that I've never even thought of saying before...

I think it's a birth defect...
One that I live with every darned day...

I'm beginning to think that our gene pool could use some chlorine...



Digg this

2 comments:

Woman With Windows said...

ROFL

Oh my goodness! Those genes must be dominant! I got an extra dose I think.

Chlorine! What an idea! Do you think it would really work?

Your Politically incorrect niece,
Jodie

halfbreedwoman said...

& please Dear God... Let her be a half-breed with fat cheeks and gifted at pirating.
Amen

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger