Sunday, October 4, 2009

Circus Peanuts



I have a brother who loves circus peanuts...
You know, the orange peanut shaped candy that is made from pure sugar and has the consistency of stale-banana-flavored-marshmallows...

I've always had a hard time understanding how anyone could possibly like these 'treats'...

Did you ever wonder what the inspiration behind the invention of such a confection was?

This is my guess to what may have transpired on that fateful day...

BACK IN THE 1800's AT SOME UNIDENTIFIED CANDY FACTORY DEVELOPMENT KITCHEN:

"uh... who was the moron who ordered all this banana extract and orange food coloring?!!"

"Ummmm.... Sorry, that was me"


"Well you'd better figure out SOMETHING to do with it or you'll be looking for a new job... maybe the circus in town will want to hire you to sweep up after the elephants!"


"Hey that just gave me a GREAT idea!!"


I wonder if this was the same person who invented the equally disgusting, candy corn?
Does anyone actually EAT these?
...or do they just buy
the obligatory bag and pour them into a dish on their coffee table for decoration?

I know what you are thinking....

and the answer to that question is YES.... Sadly, I actually DO wonder about these kinds of things...

That's just how I roll...




Digg this

1 comments:

halfbreedwoman said...

HOLY MOLY. You posted!!! woooohoooo! BTW I LOVE candy corn- Well, the pumpkins, not the corn.

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger