Monday, November 17, 2008

The pipes, the pipes are STILL calling.....

I received the following e-mail from my BFF Tracy, who as you may recall from last weeks post, just moved to Ireland from the good old US of A...

I miss her terribly...

No kidding....

She is learning many new things as you will see by reading the following:

(I am going to suggest she begin writing these things down so that she can publish a self-help guide to acclimating to Ireland for Yanks...)

She can then use the proceeds to purchase roundtrip tickets for Tony and I to come for a visit...


Hey!!
We haven't really got web Internet access in my home yet- but I wanted to send you a quick email about things that we have learned.

1. I can't drive on the other side of the road. I stink at this real bad.

2. If you want a hot bath/shower, you have to manually turn on the water heater switch each time.

3. Estate means subdivision- Green means yard and/or grass.

4. A skip is a dumpster

5. Don't order iced tea----ever- (This was Scott's lesson-)

6. The dollar doesn't go as far as it used to---

7. The washer is also a dryer-It took us 4 loads to figure the sucker out- but we got it now baby!

8. There is a light on the dishwasher that reads "salt" and it is lit- WTH?

9. You can't get a bank account without utilities in your name & you can't get utilities without a local bank account. haha.

10. There is an "isolator" button the bathroom- I am afraid to push it.

11. When you turn on the heater buttons, this may help heat your water?!#

12. The bread/food is delicious- they have riper mango here than in FL????

13. Yummy butter.

14. Yummy Chocolate

15. I am not going to lose weight.

16. My phone number is 045-987654 Weird, huh? (number has been changed to protect her from stalkers)

17. I don't think that people are in love with my accent.

18. All the clocks show military time- My math stinks...this is a problem.

19. I can see sheep grazing from my backyard or green or whatever.

20. When retrieving voice messages, you are supposed to press the "hash"---What is that? Just don't leave a voice message, because I can't retrieve them...

21. When people tell you that they are going to "call"- expect a visit not a telephone call- that would be a "ring."

Okay- That is all I got- I'll send pics when I get Internet. How is everybody? We should have email by next week- but I'll try to stop by the office sooner & check on things...

xox,

me


Just in case you wanted to know how I replied:

So glad to 'hear' from you!!!!
I miss you tons already!!

Since you left I learned a few things too:

  • I can't drive on the other side of the road either...
(the policeman that pulled me over said so!)...JK
  • We have yummy butter and chocolate too...
  • I'm not going to lose weight
Did I mention I miss you?!!

xo Jackie

Digg this

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

My Recipe Page! RECENTLY UPDATED!!!

My Recipe Page!     RECENTLY UPDATED!!!
Looking for Cooking Inspirations? Check out some of my favorite recipes!

If You Need to Reach Out and Touch.....

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel Free to
E-MAIL ME!

PS -
I respond much more favorably to praise than criticism! ;)





Business 2 Blogger